MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Electrical fire at Hardin County home displaces family

Around noon in Hardin County, the Silsbee Fire Department responded to a house fire on Neyland Road.

A homeowner, her son, and three grandchildren were all home when the fire broke out.

The homeowner said her son yelled "the house is on fire" and then everyone rushed out the house.

Seconds later the house went up in flames.

"At this time, preliminary looks the fire appears to be accidental, it appears to be electrical," said Fire Marshal Brad Penisson,

The fire caused extensive damage. The house is no longer livable.

The homeowner says her family has lived in the home for more than 30 years and is thankful no one was hurt.

Dozens of firefighters from Kountze, Lumberton and Evadale assisted.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending