MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Some Beaumont residents barely escape apartment fire

Some Beaumont residents barely escape apartment fire

UPDATE:

The fire was ruled accidental and caused by a child playing with a lighter, according to Beaumont Fire-Rescue.

PREVIOUS STORY:

Some Beaumont residents barely escaped an apartment fire that broke out Saturday at the Glen Oaks apartments in Beaumont.

Beaumont Fire Rescue says the first call came in at 10:52 a.m. and crews were on scene within three minutes.

Before that, neighbors and a Beaumont police officer were assisting with rescues.

Two children and that officer who assisted with rescues received minor injuries and were treated.

No one was seriously injured.

Deputy Chief Scott Wheat says the knowledge of the area and the building helped first responders work quickly and kept both them and residents safe.

He says although there is extensive damage to upwards of 50 units, the fast that there were no major injuries is exceptional.

The Red Cross is assisting displaced residents.

Check out more in Kaily Cunningham's story above.

Trending