Elderly man dies in house fire in Orangefield
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is confirming one fatality in a house fire on Dronett Street near Orangefield High School.
A 65-year-old man was found dead inside of a room but it is unclear how or where the fire started, according to a sheriff's office spokesperson.
The man has been identified as Charles Swift.
A preliminary autopsy report shows Swift suffered from smoke inhalation and possible carbon monoxide poisoning pending a toxicology report.
Arson investigators and state fire marshals are on scene.
Investigators have not yet determined a cause of the fire based on their preliminary investigation, but they believe it started in the attic area above the middle of the house.
The house is mostly destroyed, the spokesperson says.
Stay with KFDM and 6 News on Fox for updates.